Having a damaged tooth surface will make you look for a dental center, to put a dental crown on your teeth. A dental crown is placed to cover the visible part of teeth, to protect it from being damaged, which will be caused by the surrounding teeth. Typically bounded to the tooth, they help retain the shape, strength, and size of the tooth. They also create a good appearance of the tooth.
Who needs Dental Crowns?
Dental Crowns are needed by people who have the following conditions:
- People with weak tooth or set of tooth. They need this to protect their weak tooth from more damages, such as from breaking apart.
- People who want to restore worn down the tooth will need to have a dental crown on their teeth.
- People with only a few teeth left will always need a dental crown to support the remaining tooth.
- People with dental bridges will also need a dental crown, to hold it together.
- People with discolored teeth. Dental crowns are often used to cover the tooth. That is the reason, they also need a dental
- People with dental Implant need the dental crown, to cover it from decays.
- People who want to make modifications on their teeth.
Are there many types of crowns available in the market?
Yes, there are many types of crown available in the market. Here are the following:
- Stainless Steel crowns are primarily as a temporary measure, while, a permanent crown is still being made. Usually, the permanent crown is made of another material. This crown covers the entire tooth, to protect it from further damage.
- Metal crowns are best for strength purposes. It can withstand biting, and it is very rear for it to break. The only problem for the metal crown is its metallic color. It is best to use it, with parts not visible in the eye.
- Porcelain fused metal crowns are good to match the color of your teeth. However, the porcelain part of the crown is weaker and will easily break off.
- Resin crown is less expensive, but, it easily will break down.
- Ceramic dental crowns are the best if the natural color is observed.
Caring for your temporary dental crown
Temporary dental crowns are fitted while waiting for the permanent dental crown. Here are the different tips to avoid damaging it:
- Avoid Sticky foods.
- Avoid hard foods
- Use the opposite side where the crown is
- Avoid hard food
- Properly used of dental floss
Your Dental Center in Los Angeles
Smile L.A is operating in the downtown area and is serving the people of Los Angeles. They are offering different dental packages to the people. Smile L.A is run by competent dental professionals and invested in modern technologies, to stay competitive. You can see more of this amazing dental clinic at www.SmileLA.com. There, you can explore more of them and how they can possibly help you. Their site is designed to be user-friendly, to make it easier for you to navigate.
Looking for Dental Crown in Los Angeles? Take it from Smile L.A.