Dental implants are artificial teeth roots that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. Once in a better position, they allow the dentist to mount replacements teeth unto them, and the perfect place to get your dental implants is here at Smiles LA.
Types of dental implants:
- Endosteal dental implants- These Implants are typically placed into the jawbone, commonly constitute of titanium. Most dentist recommend using this type of implants because of their high quality long term results.
- Subperiosteal dental implants- These Implants are placed under the gum or slightly above the jawbone.
Best candidature for dental implants
Since many patients do prefer dental implants to solve their dental issues, it’s unlikely that the dental implants would be an ideal fit for each. Technically, for a longer time, the only treatment option for people with missing teeth was dentures. However, with the improved technology, various issues can make you a suitable candidate for dental implants here at Smiles LA:
- Missing teeth or teeth loss- In any case, you lose your teeth, the dentist might prescribe dental implants.
- Periodontal gum disease.
- Tooth decay. Decayed teeth can lead to complex problems which might lead them to be extracted; this will hamper your oral appearance leading to poor self-esteem with your smile or speech.
Costs of dental implants at Smiles LA
Generally, a single dental implant for your tooth replacement would go for $1,200 to $4,300. However, at Smiles LA we offer quite affordable rates to our clients with a great discount as well. Our prices range from $1,000 to $3,800 depending on several factors though such as:
- The number of missing teeth- The higher the number of missing teeth the less the cost would be.
- The type of dental issue.
- The amount of duration it would require the dentist to place the implant.
- In case of additional procedures such as placing crowns and abutments then the costs are likely to go higher.
Advantages of Dental Implants
You will benefit greatly from dental implants. The advantages of dental implants are many which include:
- Improved oral appearance. Dental Implants usually possess a natural look and feel and will tend to look natural on you. Since they are designed in such a way, they perfectly fuse with the bone they are permanent.
- Improved speech. You can slur or mumble your words with poorly fitted dentures; unlike is the case with dental implants which will allow you to speak worrying less of teeth slipping off.
- Easier eating and chewing of foodstuffs.
- Improved self-esteem; this comes in handy with an improved smile. At Smiles LA, our dentist usually major on bringing that beautiful pearl smile back.
- Improved oral health.
- Dental Implants are durable and can last for quite a long time, precisely years.
Risks associated with dental implants
With the merits come the drawbacks. However, the advantages outweigh the risks. The risks of dental implants can be sinuses problems, infections at the implant sites, nerve damage and severe pain in the mouth.
Opting to Smiles LA to get your dental implants will the best step since you will be easier a lot inclusive we often make sure that the dental implants procedure is as painless as possible.